Last night I made sausage with vegetables in the oven and thought it would be a good recipe to share with you all. It’s super easy and a great solution if you have some leftover sausage in the freezer and don’t know what to do with it. It’s also a really flexible recipe. You can customize it however you want by adding in the vegetables that you and your family like and avoiding those you don’t like. It’s a pretty hard recipe to mess up- no matter what ingredients you decide to use. You can also season with any spices/herbs you want. It’s fun to experiment a little with this one. Here is how I made mine.
Any type of sausage you want (the amount varies on the number of people you are cooking for)
One green pepper (you can also use a red pepper as well)
One medium onion
2-3 stalks of celery
Handful of scallions
2-3 Potatoes (I used a mix of regular potatoes and sweet potatoes)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. I like to make my oven a little hotter so that the potatoes will cook faster.
2. Cut up your potatoes and place into a mixing bowl. I try to cut my potatoes into smaller pieces, I find it’s easier to eat and they cook faster and better. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, and pepper and toss until the potatoes are covered.
3. Place in a greased cooking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, cut up all your veggies and sausage and throw everything into a mixing bowl (I use the same one that I used for the potatoes). Again, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, and pepper. Toss until covered.
5. Add veggies and sausage to the pan with the potatoes. Mix everything together before putting back into the oven.
6. Cook for another 15-20 minutes. Poke veggies and potatoes with fork to test the tenderness and continue cooking to your own liking.
And you’re done! Easy, peasy.